Yesterday, after I took the photo of the quilt that I'd unearthed in the craft room, I left it on the loft railing along with the flannel backing fabric instead of risking putting it back in the craft room. Apparently, it worked. While the first football game of the day was on, I assembled the front, batting, and backing fabric, and during ads, Geff helped me get everything down smoothly.
Then, it was time to start machine quilting. Since I'm still relatively new to machine quilting, this is the first time that I've tried to quilt a flannel quilt. Between the size of the quilt, the weight of the flannel, and the aching arms (from working out), I definitely am stopping for the night. But, I'd say that I'm about a third of the way done.
So many projects....so little time. So many more projects to start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finally Getting Back to the Hobbies
Once the sod was in, time sped up for a while. We soon found ourselves in the new house, but having to wait for the certificate of occupanc...
-
Item 19 on the list to the right is the Flannel Elk Quilt. This has been a vague concept since I found the following flannel in what was on...
-
I decided to do a modified log cabin pattern with the fabric that I purchased for the butterfly quilt. It is basically a log cabin with a v...
-
It has been four years since my last post. Projects have been completed. And, probably twice as many projects have been started. But, som...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment!