I decided today that it would be wise to buy a bit more fabric. I'm not sure if I really need the fabric yet, but a trip to JoAnn's is always tempting. And, another fabric into the mix would make the ultimate design a lot easier to carry out.
It didn't take me very long to find a nice paisley with all the right colors. I'm surprised that I missed it the other day.
I'm also realizing that this color combination is definitely "in" right now--the scrapbooking section of the store also had papers in these colors.
I made really good progress today, which is probably a good thing as once vacation is over I won't have as much time to work on this. And, I still have a long way to go. As I said in the last post, this quilt will have a theme of frogs. And yet, there are obviously no frog prints going in. Once I get all of these very simple squares done, I need to start on the center panels, which will be white with appliqued frogs. I have some ideas for what the frogs should look like, but while I'm working on the last two stacks of squares, I really need to get thinking about the center panels and planning them out better than the simple drawing I did that has "applique frogs here."
Tonight, though, it is time to take a break from it. Although, I do have to thank Charlie for keeping me company tonight:
I enjoyed the company, even if it did make cutting and trimming the fabric a bit more difficult than usual.
So many projects....so little time. So many more projects to start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finally Getting Back to the Hobbies
Once the sod was in, time sped up for a while. We soon found ourselves in the new house, but having to wait for the certificate of occupanc...
-
Item 19 on the list to the right is the Flannel Elk Quilt. This has been a vague concept since I found the following flannel in what was on...
-
I decided to do a modified log cabin pattern with the fabric that I purchased for the butterfly quilt. It is basically a log cabin with a v...
-
It has been four years since my last post. Projects have been completed. And, probably twice as many projects have been started. But, som...



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment!