I needed to take a short break from the charity quilt once I finished the applique portion. I have a lot of ideas swirling around my head, so it took me a little while to settle on just one project.
Before Christmas, I ran across a bunch of small wall hangings that I made back when I lived in Des Moines out of pre-stamped fabric blocks. For some reason, I decided to toss one on the front door knob.
I decided that I kind of like having a small square hanging off the door knob. It is a way for me to easily decorate for the changing seasons--a lot like the seasonal table runners I made a few years ago for our dining room table. With Valentines Day coming up, I decided to put together a Valentines Day square. Fortunately, I found plenty of pieces of fabric in the craft room that would be perfect for a Valentines Day square:
And, since I want to try out some hand stitches that I saw in a book that I purchased yesterday, I have some work left to do, but here is the way it is looking so far.
I had a lot of fun trying to figure out how to add the lace to two of the pink triangles.
Now, to add some hand stitching...another night.
So many projects....so little time. So many more projects to start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finally Getting Back to the Hobbies
Once the sod was in, time sped up for a while. We soon found ourselves in the new house, but having to wait for the certificate of occupanc...
-
I decided to do a modified log cabin pattern with the fabric that I purchased for the butterfly quilt. It is basically a log cabin with a v...
-
Fortunately, I am making good progress on the butterfly quilt. I have completed 18 of the 20 squares that I had planned to make: Time ...
-
Item 19 on the list to the right is the Flannel Elk Quilt. This has been a vague concept since I found the following flannel in what was on...



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment!