Several years ago (okay, maybe closer to 10 years ago now), I found a pattern on eBay for making penguins and polar bears. About two years ago, I finally made a penguin...the guy shown here. I liked him, but I haven't gotten around to making him any buddies.
I think there are several reasons why I haven't gotten around to making his buddies--and only part of it has been procrastination. He really doesn't stand up well. I can prop him up, but he doesn't stand on his own. And, there was something that I just couldn't quite put my finger on.
Tonight, I figured out what that something is. I really should have stuffed him better.
I'm currently stuffing the new penguin--the one from "the artful bird." I like the way it is coming together, even as I am finding things that I would like to do differently next time.
This new penguin is probably half the size of the previous penguin, but I already have almost twice as much stuffing in it.
Up next: making penguin feet!
So many projects....so little time. So many more projects to start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Finally Getting Back to the Hobbies
Once the sod was in, time sped up for a while. We soon found ourselves in the new house, but having to wait for the certificate of occupanc...
-
Item 19 on the list to the right is the Flannel Elk Quilt. This has been a vague concept since I found the following flannel in what was on...
-
I decided to do a modified log cabin pattern with the fabric that I purchased for the butterfly quilt. It is basically a log cabin with a v...
-
It has been four years since my last post. Projects have been completed. And, probably twice as many projects have been started. But, som...


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment!